From what was said and not said at the final joust Monday evening, it would seem our jouster friends will not be back next year.
It will be strange not having them there to cheer on, to visit with. They have been doing the faire for something like 15 years. They began with just two knights and two horses and now they have enough staff/horses they can divide the group up and do two faires concurrently, having four knights and eight horses at each site.
Later at dinner, I made the comment about us just having to travel to Tennessee to see them at that faire next year. The idea was met with enthusiasim, so perhaps next year we will do that.
My folks will be going to New Mexico for a Toastmasters event, then afterward they are going to swing by Colorado to say hi to our jewelry friends who have a shop in one of the posh 'holiday' towns, you know, a town where the rich come in Memorial Day weekend to open their summer homes and close the house up on Labor Day weekend.
Work is going to be hell again today. First day of classes and we have no idea if we will be cancelling more this morning or not.
I guess I should get there early, just in case. I also need to post the new hours sign, help direct traffic and keep non-multimedia students out of the lab.
Oh joy!
Doesn't help matters I only got two hours sleep last night.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*